Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Moving on up, moving on over... (and as ever, Shout-outs)

Well my friends, family and other curious strangers... (and don't be a stranger for too long. I'm friendly. introduce yourself!)

Here's where we stand: My not-broken toe has hindered my progress. I've found all sorts of clever ways of working out without, say, running on it (or at least running on it much). I can still do my favorite ass-kicking work out at the gym and it's entirely possible without bending the middle of my foot- I don't have to stand on the ball of my foot, heel stays to the ground. But it's not marathon running. It's practice for a marathon. It's working out. It's kicking butt. Plus, I heal well. I am nothing if not lucky. Cheers to that. Now what does one DO with good luckiness? Whatever good I can do. Karma will smell like kimchi if you just leave them there. I gotta keep on moving, paying forward, etc.

So practice I shall continue to do, but my marathon run is now officially postponed until May. Sadness set in. The optimism rebounded! There's still a marathon, there's still fundraising to END blood cancers. There's you and me making good things happen.

So that's where we stand. Running, running, running. Raising, raising, raising. Blogging... blogging... And I will refrain from singing " Ain't nothing gonna break my stride... Nobody's gonna slow me down... Oh no, I've got to keep on moving..." Hellllp! It's stuck in my head and I can't get it out!

Anyway, more good things to come. And less cheesy music. (Good music: ever try running to the band Tally Hall? I recommend it. But always, always, always start your workout with Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except For Me And My Monkey. The cowbell is the best. kickstart. ever.)

Shout-outs go to Shanna Weinberg. I didn't see her name when I last updated my list. And GoGoPedro who is incomparably kind. Also, talented and fun. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

-the most grateful version of chel yet. version 2.0 to arrive soon.

No comments: