Sunday, December 7, 2008

Running a Marathon for the Leukemia Lymphoma Society

Hello,

My name is Chel O’Reilly and I am training to run the Rome Marathon with Team in Training and in so doing will be logging a few hundred miles on my sneakers and will be raising almost $6,000 for The Leukemia Lymphoma Society. Here I will be chronicling that journey. You help by leaving me cheerful messages and donating at my LLS website, I’ve made a shortcut link: http://tinlyurl.com/runchelrun

I’m scared, overwhelmed, and up early every Saturday morning* just to makes sure that others who have more to be scared and overwhelmed about than myself can have it easier. I will do this in their honor. My grandmother and uncle succumbed to Chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) within a few months of each other; Stephanie West survived Hodgkin's Lymphoma, having been diagnosed a just days after marrying my best friend’s brother. I’m running in honor of those who have lost and those who have won.

Almost anyone can think of a family member or friend who has had to battle a blood-related cancer. If you could donate in honor of those people, you too can do something good for those who have lost and won.

Donations are best made through our secure website link above but may also be mailed in. Please email me for directions on how to do that.

All the best to you and yours this holiday season and thank you,
Chel O’Reilly
Motivated marathon runner and LLS enthusiast

*not just Saturdays, but that’s the morning for which I forfeit my Friday nights (sigh)

No comments: