Sunday, December 7, 2008

Progress Report: Working out is hard. I mean fun. And by "fun" I mean "hard".

Training status. We work out as a both a team and individuals. We’ve been going at it for a few weeks now and I’ve been a little shy to talk about it as pride is a factor: I want to do the well and am afraid that my best won’t be good enough.

Now, pride’s out the window and it’s pedal to the metal folks. As a team we meet on Tuesdays for technique exercises and Saturday mornings for longer runs in Central Park. There are individual workouts on other days of the week. Have you noticed that here in the northern hemisphere it’s winter? It’s cold out. I’m not complaining. I’m not bragging. I’m just saying. Cold. Also, there’s cardio exercise involved. I hear that’s good for a person, but, oh goodness, that leaves a girl tired.

I like to pair up with a teammate who doesn’t mind my pace so we can cheer each other on when the idea of walking instead of running is appealing. This week my co-worker Aayesha, aka Rock Star, kept my pace up and my legs moving. Also, she’s nice to talk to as we make our rounds in the park. It was a good workout. After that, it was a great day. I’ve got my family, my health, my friends—I’m a lucky girl. But at the end of the day, I tired!

No comments: