Monday, February 9, 2009

progress & shout-outs!

Happiness!

In San Diego now at the hosting of the ever-supportive Kate, where I will be able to run (& skip & play & hike aka "cross-train") as soon at the thrice-annual rain stops. Seriously, it never rains in southern California... except for now. What gives?

It didn't rain, however, in Palm Springs. I'm not a desert person *at all*, but the fact it's February didn't hurt and the company I've had this past week has inspired me in so many ways. I needed to run a lot of miles, but I also had people to run with, so I'd generally pre-run then return to the hotel and meet friends to run again. Friends & fellow TEDsters to run with included the afore mentioned Dan, Leigh & Jennifer but also grew to include the absolute sweetheart and thoroughly talented author Evan Schwartz who is great company in so many ways. AND he get a shout-out for donating to Our Cause. One other shout-out goes to Eduardo Frias (another TEDster) who jumped at the chance to pitch-in and cheer me on in this aspiration.

Again with the optimists of fellow TEDsters from Palm Springs I have a few more partners to propel forward on the journey: Glenn Gleason (survivor extraordinaire) who loaned me his Live Strong band without blinking- the one he's worn through his trials and tribulations- so that I may have some of his strength when I run) and Lisa Honig Buksbaum of Soaringwords who is partnering with us to give signed blankets to kids with cancer so that we may say: "we are working to make your life better, that it will be complete and want to wrap you in all the love, happiness and joy of support we can give."

So much to do, so much to do. Feel free to help me in any way you can, especially fundraising ;) Deadlines loom, fiscal challenges are getting dire for me to participate. The chart doesn't show it, but I'm fronting college tuition money as a "hold" until I get somewhere fast!

Blessings,
chel o.

No comments: